Thursday, January 5, 2012

Direction

Greetings All! (and by 'all', I mean myself, because I'm probably the only person reading this)

As I sit here in front of my computer screen, listening to a shuffle mix of Drake's 'Take Care' album and Florence + the Machine's album 'Ceremonials' on my iphone, I think to myself- what might my very own blog contain? What things could I record here, or what shape might this creative outlet of mine take?

Actually, I've been contemplating this since last night after I created this page and I do believe that I would like to use my blog to share my often judgemental thoughts on assorted topics, my mundane day-to-day activites, and fleeting obsessions of mine that I should probably just keep to myself. Yes, I think that is the direction I will take and I think that will suit me just fine.

I hope it suits you, too. Afterall, if it doesn't, then I am just talking to myself :)

So, let me dive right in and try this out...

I have several new food fixations as of late... one being Nutella and the other being Trolli Strawberry Puffs... if you haven't tried one or both of those things, I think it's about time you did. Fun foods make me feel like a kid again and everything about that is okay because I find more and more it is important for me to remember that life should be full of small and simple pleasures so that the stresses of being a "grown-up" don't consume me (and my well-being). It may seem silly and it kind of is, but, I like getting excited about the little things in life and I want to do that more often from here on out- maybe it's like a small reminder to have fun (and a decent excuse to eat sweets...)

yummo!

I am also finding joy in fun new things like the iphone app, Instagram. Yes, I finally joined the iphone club just a few months ago and I've been able to find lots of creative inspiration through instagram. Granted, I am no photographer, but I really enjoy documenting my life through pictures in this cool and easy way and I got to thinking that maybe I could carry-over the pictures I've been snapping on instagram to this lil' blog of mine. Through searching users' pictures on instagram, I've found several really cool people to follow (mostly crafty ladies and lady tattooers) who post lots of cool photos and most also have very successful blogs and small businesses of their own!

Instagram photo I took today

Now, I don't know any of these people personally, but it's really neat to explore their photos and visit their websites/blogs because I find that it gives me new and different perspectives and creative stimulation to apply to my own life! Some of my new favorite blogs to visit are: A Beautiful Mess, Fancy TreehouseSkunkboy Creatures and Fashionista 804. I have a previously unrealized interest in D.I.Y projects, a love of super girly and feminine fashion (even though I don't really dress that way myself), make-up, and anything vintage or owl related, so most of these blogs fulfill one if not all of those loves for me!

cuties for sale at Skunkboy Creatures

Anyway, I may have gotten off track with all of those tidbits, but the point is, I am discovering all the beautiful shiny things that bring a smile to my face and I am glad for it. I am excited to have a little creative inspiration and direction in hopes of leading a more fulfilled life; maybe even a longer life like these two sweet-seeming women.

Take Care.

No comments:

Post a Comment