Monday, January 16, 2012

So Close

...yet so far away!

Tomorrow marks the beginning of my last year of nursing school. This year, 2012, will be the year I earn my college degree. Six years ago this passed December, I graduated early from highschool with no real plans. Period. No plans to go to college, no plans to move out, no plans to support myself financially, no plans to travel, no plans to move away, no plans to eventually get married, no plans to one day have children; nothing to look forward to. Just the excitement of leaving highschool behind and looking forward to my eighteenth birthday when I could maybe buy a pack of cigarettes legally or willingly offer up my own ID to get into a club.

Boy, what a difference six years makes!

I am now closer to accomplishing a goal than I think I have ever been in my entire life. A goal that I set for myself, a goal that no one and nothing else was forcing me to reach for, a goal that actually has meaning to me. When I can finally say that I am a college graduate, that will be the day I will feel like I have accomplished something. This next year is the most important in my life so far, and at the end of it, I will be a registered nurse. More than that, though, I will have made and followed through with a plan. I have never done that.

The next few years of my life will be chock-full of reaching goals by following through with plans I've made. The next few years of my life WILL. FUCKING. ROCK.

First, I will graduate, earning my associate's degree in registered nursing.
Then, I will get a kickass job at a kickass hospital assisting with kickass surgeries, or delivering kickass babies, or just kicking ass.
Next, I will marry my best friend, the greatest man I have ever met and become Mrs. Brockett. (crazy!)
Then, hopefully, we will be planning for our first child:)
And lastly, selling all of our worldly possessions, packing up our fur babies and moving to the motherland! (well, potentially England, maybe Germany or maybe somewhere we don't even know we want to go yet).

What I do know is that no matter what happens, or doesn't happen, I have a million things to look forward to, with the one I love right by my side, and each new thing is more exciting than the last. I am becoming the person I want to be with the life I want to have (not to say that my life isn't already fulfilling) and I am getting closer and closer to being able to help support our little family financially, which is totally awesome.

Thank goodness for moms and fiances and puppies and sisters and brothers and parents-in-law and friends for all the encouragement they have for me.
This year will be so kickass!
 Amen!

Take Care.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing a kickass job of kicking ass!! I'm proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete